Thank you for purchasing our Operationalizing the “No Surprises Act” 3-Part Webinar with toolkit.
Please keep this website/URL saved for future access/download.
If you misplace this page, you can always contact our team!
NOTE FROM OUR TEAM:
You may have already received notice, but we wanted to get the latest NSA news to you. The Department of Health and Human Services has updated the FAQs regarding GFEs. HHS will continue to exercise enforcement discretion with respect to the inclusion of the co-providers/co-facility. This enforcement discretion will continue “indefinitely” until further rule making. The complete FAQ link is included below.
What does this mean? No penalties will be issued if the co-provider/co-facility is not included on the GFE provided to uninsured/self-insured patients. DHHS clarifies that the technical infrastructure and business practices remain unavailable to make inclusion possible.
We will continue to monitor changes to the NSA.
REMINDER: Make sure the new Balance Billing Disclosure Form is published by January 1, 2023 if you have not done so already.
The webinar slides and toolkit can be downloaded from the links below:
Rewatch the recordings from our workshop held January 11th on the No Surprises Act:
Workshop Part 1: Balance Billing & Good Faith Estimates
Workshop: Lunch with the Experts Q&A Session
Workshop Part 2: Reimbursement Methodology & Dispute Processes
Rewatch the recording of our No Surprises Act: The Third Final Rule webinar held in September 2022.
- NSA Quick Start Guide for Hospitals
- NSA Regulatory Audit & Crosswalk
- NSA Hospital FAQ
- Balance Billing Decision Tree
- Good Faith Estimate Decision Tree
- IDR Process Decision Tree
Federal Standard Forms & Templates
- Balance Billing – Standard Notice and Consent
- Balance Billing – Model Disclosure
- GFE – Appendix Good Faith Estimate Data Elements
- GFE – Right to Receive a Good Faith Estimate of Expected Charges
- GFE – Good Faith Estimate
- IDR – Notice of Agreement Data Elements
- IDR – Notice of Initiation
- IDR – Notice of Offer Data Elements
- IDR – Open Negotiation Notice
- IDR – Selection of IDR Entity
- SDR – Appendix PPDR Data Elements for Patients and Providers
- SDR – Patient Dispute Initiation Form
- SDR – Payment Settlement Form