Do you know of someone that would be a great fit for this position? Share the opportunity!
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) – Clinic
Department: Family Medical Specialties
Reports To: Clinic Manager
Status: Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
The Registered Professional Nurse manages, organizes, and administers nursing care for patients of all ages under the supervision of the Physician. Compliance with rules and regulations of all applicable federal, state, and local laws as well as Family Medical Specialties’ and ruralMED policies is a condition of employment.
Education and/or Experience:
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree of Nursing
Current Registered Nurse license from the State of Nebraska
Current BLS/CPR certification.
General Requirements/Job Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required:
- Adhere to the ruralMED mission, vision, and values.
- Assesses data regarding the patient’s physical, psychological, social, cultural and spiritual needs based upon the patient’s age and development, for patients of all ages.
- Record and analyze patient medical histories, symptoms and conditions. Reports and documents all observed symptoms, reactions and changes in the patient’s condition.
- Prepare patients for examinations and treatments.
- Utilizes the nursing process to direct and deliver patient care. Develops, implements, revises, and evaluates a formal plan of care with the help of other healthcare professionals.
- Administers medications and treatments using the “Five Rights of Medication Administration”.
- Complies with ruralMED Code of Conduct and complies with procedures, regulations and rules in maintaining medical records.
- Provides and instructs patients and/or their families with educational information appropriate for age and learning abilities.
- Document and communicate actions as needed to maintain continuity among the nursing team
- Maintains patient and employee confidentiality at all times.
- Creates and maintains a comfortable and safe environment for patients, families and visitors.
- Organizes and prioritizes daily assignments to provide optimal patient care.
- Demonstrates competency annually in assigned areas of work.
• Will have access to primary work location during the hours the clinic is open.
• Will have access to confidential information abiding by the organizations' privacy policies and regulations concerning this information.
• General office equipment to include: fax, copier, computer, printer, etc…
Patient Age Groups Served:
Essential Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Physical Activity||Not |
(0-35% of day)
(36-66% of day)
(67-100% of day)
|Lifting (Floor to waist level)||100 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Lifting (waist level and above)||100 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Lifting (Shoulder level and above)||100 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Push/Pull||100 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Wrist Position Deviation||X|
|Pinching/Fine Motor activities||X|
|Keyboard use/ repetitive motion||X|
|Sensory Requirements||Not Applicable||Accurate 20/40||Very Accurate|
(Occupational Exposure Risk Potential)
|Not Anticipated||Reasonably Anticipated|
|Airborne Communicable Disease||X|
|Uneven Surfaces or Elevations||X|
|Extreme Noise Levels||X|
|Shift Requirements||8 hrs/day||10 hrs/day||12 hrs/day||Other (varied)|
|Usual workday hours||X|
|Reliable, punctual attendance for assigned shifts||X|
|Available to work overtime||X|