Do you know of someone that would be a great fit for this position? Share the opportunity!
Hello, We Are Family Medical Specialties!
Join our passionate team dedicated to providing high-quality, specialized care to our Holdrege and surrounding communities.
When you join our team as a Licensed Practical Nurse, you not only manage, organize, and administer nursing care for patients of all ages under the supervision of the Physician. Your role supports our team and providers to guarantee that our patients receive the highest quality of care they deserve.
How This Role Makes an Impact:
- You will work alongside a team of passionate individuals who are dedicated to making sure each other and each patient is taken care of.
- Utilizing your skillset and compassion, you will strengthen the relationship of patients with their healthcare providers and play an important role in their healthcare journey.
- Applying your teamwork, communication, and flexibility you will collaborate with other team members to follow processes and achieve efficiency and quality goals.
What It’s Like Working at ruralMED:
- Our team is driven by delivering the highest quality of care and supporting each other to reach a new level of excellence to make an impact on our patients and communities.
- Discover flexibility by working alongside multiple providers and building workplace relationships full of support.
- Personal and professional growth opportunities are encouraged, and employee engagement is not just a measurement, it is a valuable tool to achieving brilliance.
- Our core values are not only motivational, but they are also the standard for how we conduct and take pride in our work.
- It Begins With You: Own it.
- Pave the Way. Never Settle.
- Be Thoughtful. Be Transparent. Be Extraordinary.
- Work Fearlessly. Celebrate the Wins.
- Capitalize Our Strengths. Achieve Excellence.
- Learn more about our clinic: https://fammedspec.com/
How to Succeed in this Role:
- Excellent Communication, Teamwork, Problem-solving, and Adaptation skills.
- Ability to take direction and manage patient care.
- Hold a Current Licensure as a LPN in the State of Nebraska.
- Have a current BLS/CPR certification.
- Thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere and be able to flex and adjust to the highest priorities.
- Character Traits: Positive, Driven, Team-Oriented, Responsible, Empathetic, Compassionate, Genuine, Solution-Based. Autonomous.
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) – Clinic
Department: Family Medical Specialties
Reports To: Clinic Manager
Status: Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
The Licensed Practical Nurse manages, organizes and administers nursing care for patients of all ages under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician. Compliance with rules and regulations of all applicable federal, state and local laws as well as Family Medical Specialties’ and ruralMED policies is a condition of employment.
Education and/or Experience:
• Degree or diploma from an accredited school of Practical Nursing.
Current licensure as an LPN in the state of Nebraska.
Current BLS/CPR certification.
General Requirements/Job Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required:
- Adhere to the ruralMED mission, vision, and values.
- Assesses data regarding the patient’s physical, psychological, social and spiritual dimensions based on the patient’s age and development.
- Reports and documents all observed symptoms, reactions and changes in the patients’ condition to the Physician, APC and/or Registered Nurse.
- Assists in the development, implementation, revision and evaluation of a formal plan of care.
- Provides assistance to the Operating Practitioner and assists in the nursing process to direct and deliver patient care.
- Administers medications using the “Five Rights of Medication Administration”.
- Creates and maintains a comfortable and safe environment for patients, visitors and other employees.
- Organizes and prioritizes daily assignments to provide optimal patient care and increase productivity.
- Conforms and complies with PMHC and ruralMED Management Resources Codes of Conduct and with procedures, regulations and rules in maintaining medical records.
- Maintains patient and employee confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrates competency annually in assigned areas of work.
• Will have access to primary work location during the hours the clinic is open.
• Will have access to confidential information abiding by the organizations' privacy policies and regulations concerning this information.
• General office equipment to include: fax, copier, computer, printer, etc…
Patient Age Groups Served:
Essential Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.