Do you know of someone that would be a great fit for this position? Share the opportunity!
Title: Radiology Technologist
Department: Family Medical Specialties
Reports To: Medical Laboratory Supervisor
The Radiologic Technologist operates diagnostic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for patients of all ages for diagnosis and treatment. Compliance and accordance with rules and regulations of all applicable federal, state, and local laws as well as FMS, PMHC, and ruralMED Management Resources policies, standards, and best practices is a condition of employment.
Education and/or Experience:
Completion of a degree from an approved Radiologic Technology program.
Current ARRT registry or registry-eligible.
Current BLS/CPR certification.
General Requirements/Job Duties:
Incumbent must have the skills, ability, and judgment to perform the following essential job duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Performs diagnostic imaging procedures in the following areas: General x-ray
- Explains and instructs customers to reduce anxieties and obtain cooperation.
- Provides and instructs customers and/or families, or significant others with information appropriate for age and learning abilities.
- Operates diagnostic imaging equipment according to manufactures specifications.
- Properly attains diagnostic images for interpretation and diagnosis.
- Practices radiation protection according to ALARA guidelines.
- Maintains diagnostic imaging equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Confers with members of radiology staff and other health team members individually and in conference to exchange, discuss, and evaluate customer information for planning, modifying, and coordinating radiological exams.
- Completes all necessary information for the interpretation of diagnostic images.
- Transports customers safely to and from the department.
- Confers with the radiologist on image quality.
- Assists in scheduling and paperwork procedures.
- Reports equipment failures to the appropriate person for repair.
- Assists in data collection for Quality Assurance/Improvement.
- Assists in the orientation of new radiologic technologists and students.
- Greets guests promptly and courteously.
- Presents a professional, pleasant and positive image.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Responsible for personal development & continuing education compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates competency annually in assigned areas of work.
• Will have access to primary work location during the hours the clinic is open.
• Will have access to confidential information abiding by the organizations privacy policies and regulations concerning this information.
• General office equipment to include: fax, copier, computer, printer, etc…
Patient Age Groups Served:
Essential Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.