Do you know of someone that would be a great fit for this position? Share the opportunity!
Title: Family Practice Physician
Reports To: Clinic Manager / Holdrege Medical Clinic, President
Are you seeking a career that allows you to provide patients with high-quality, efficient, and compassionate care while achieving a work-life balance? Join our dedicated and passionate medical community which is not only focused on patient health but also on supporting and making a difference in rural healthcare.
We are looking for a Family Practice Physician (MD or DO) with OB experience to join our team and serve our Holdrege Community at the Phelps Medical Group clinic. Phelps Medical Group is a designated rural health clinic accredited as an “Exemplary Provider”.
This position is responsible for providing and supporting our patients' medical care while serving within the clinic and/or emergency service areas. Responsibilities include assessing and managing patients and following established standards and best practices. This position will practice within his/her scope and privileges as stated in the credentialing file.
In addition to working alongside a quality team within a newly remodeled facility, this position has added benefits including:
• Signing bonus
• Relocation Assistance
• Student Loan Repayment
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Four (4) clinic days per week
• Dedicated primary nurse with a support staff of 1-2 CNA/MA & 1 scribe
• Direct access to hospital laboratory and radiology
• Equal Share of Emergency Department Coverage
o ED Weeknight Back-up Call – Currently one (1) weeknight each week on alternating months
o ED Weekend Back-up Call – Currently one (1) weekend every seven (7) weeks
Education and/or Experience:
1. Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) Degree and completed residency from an accredited university.
Current Physician license from the State of Nebraska.
Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certification.
Current BLS certification
Current ACLS certification (if assignment includes Emergency department coverage.)
Current PALS certification (if assignment includes Emergency department coverage.)
Current NRP certification (if assignment includes Emergency department coverage.)
Current ATLS certification (if assignment includes Emergency department coverage.)
General Requirements/Job Duties:
Incumbent must have the skills, ability, and judgment to perform the following essential job duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Takes complete, detailed, and accurate patient history.
- Reviews patient records to develop comprehensive medical status reports and order diagnostic testing appropriate for complaint, age, race, sex and physical condition of the patient.
- Performs complete physical examinations and records pertinent data in the patients’ medical record.
- Makes medical diagnoses and institutes therapy or referrals to healthcare facilities and other resources.
- If required, arranges hospital admissions and discharges, performs hospital rounds and records appropriate patient progress notes, compiles detailed narrative and case summaries, completes forms pertinent to patients’ medical records, and issues diagnostic orders with timely signatures in accordance with clinic and hospital guidelines and payer requirements.
- Interprets and evaluates patient data to determine patient management and treatment.
- Provides patient teaching instructions and guidance regarding follow-up medical care.
- Performs or assists in routine laboratory medical techniques and routine therapeutic procedures and some surgical procedures.
- Maintains records of appropriate signatures for clinical oversight.
- Timely completion of clinical charges, medical records and all forms, etc. for patients.
- Minimum four (4) clinic days per week
- Equal “share” of Emergency Department Back-up Call
- Participates in organizational teams and committees for process improvement.
Provides medical care to all patients in which care is assumed within his/her scope of practice and privileges as outlined in the credentialing and privileges file.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Obstetrics (OB) Specialty (Required)
- C-Section Capability (Preferred)
Essential Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.