Do you know of someone that would be a great fit for this position? Share the opportunity!
Hello, we are Family Medical Specialties!
Join our team of dedicated individuals who support patients and provide them with high-quality and specialized care.
As our Medical Office Receptionist, you will be answering phones, responsible for welcoming patients and visitors to our clinic, scheduling appointments, and maintaining records and accounts. The vital steps needed to make sure our patients are set up to receive the highest quality of care.
How This Role Makes an Impact:
- Applying your personable and communication skills, you will experience rewarding interactions with patients.
- You will serve as the first touchpoint for visitors and patients to make sure they will have a pleasant and efficient experience at our clinic.
- Utilizing your resources and supportive team, you will solve problems, multitask, and provide support that will result in invaluable community health efforts.
What It’s Like Working at Family Medical Specialties:
- You will work alongside a tight-knit team driven and dedicated to making sure patients receive the highest-quality of specialized and personable care.
- Personal and professional growth opportunities are encouraged, and employee engagement is not just a measurement, it is a valuable tool.
- Our core values are not only motivational, but they are also the standard for how we conduct and take pride in our work.
How to Succeed in this Role:
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, coordination, and organization skills.
- Have a High School diploma or GED.
- Passion and ability to work with individuals of all ages and backgrounds.
- Character Traits: Empathetic. Positive. Genuine.
- Thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere and be able to flex and adjust with multiple demands.
- Ability to take direction and work independently and within a team.
Title: Medical Office Receptionist
Department: Family Medical Specialties
Reports To: Reception Supervisor
The Medical Office Receptionist is responsible for answering phones, greeting patients and visitors, scheduling appointments in a professional and timely manner, and maintaining records and accounts, in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations as well as the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Family Medical Specialties and ruralMED Management Resources.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required.
General Requirements/Job Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required:
- Adhere to the ruralMED mission, vision, and values.
- Welcomes and greets all patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Registers patients, complete medical reports and insurance-related forms, and maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information. Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patients’ arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Complies with FMS and ruralMED Management Resources Codes of Conduct and complies with procedures, regulations, and rules in maintaining medical records.
- Optimizes patient satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Explains policies to patients as necessary.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties; answering patients’ questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining the confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Demonstrates competency annually in assigned areas of work.
• Will have access to primary work location during the clinic hours of operation.
• Will have access to confidential information abiding by the organizations privacy policies and regulations concerning this information.
• General office equipment to include: fax, copier, computer, printer, etc…
Patient Age Groups Served:
Essential Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.