Title: Registered Nurse (RN)/Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
Facility: Family Medical Specialties – Holdrege, NE
Status: Full or Part-time
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) manages, organizes and administers nursing care for patients of all ages under the supervision of the Physician. Compliance with rules and regulations of all applicable federal, state and local laws as well as ruralMED policies is a condition of employment.
Incumbent must have the skills, ability and judgment to perform the following essential job duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Assesses data regarding the patient’s physical, psychological, social, cultural and spiritual needs based upon the patient’s age and development, for patients of all ages.
- Record and analyze patient medical histories, symptoms and conditions. Reports and documents all observed symptoms, reactions and changes in the patient’s condition.
- Prepare patients for examinations and treatments.
- Utilizes the nursing process to direct and deliver patient care. Develops, implements, revises and evaluates a formal plan of care with the help of other healthcare professionals.
- Administers medications and treatments using the “Five Rights of Medication Administration”.
- Complies with ruralMED Code of Conduct and complies with procedures, regulations and rules in maintaining medical records.
- Provides and instructs patients and/or their families with educational information appropriate for age and learning abilities.
- Document and communicate actions as needed to maintain continuity among the nursing team
- Maintains patient and employee confidentiality at all times.
- Creates and maintains a comfortable and safe environment for patients, families and visitors.
- Organizes and prioritizes daily assignments to provide optimal patient care.
- Demonstrates competency annually in assigned areas of work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear; regularly required to sit, stand, kneel and walk, including walking up several steps. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The level of risk of exposure to blood borne pathogens is Classification I, as outlined in the Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Current Registered Nurse license from the State of Nebraska
- Current BLS/CPR certification.
To apply, submit a completed ruralMED Employment Application to Shannon Busch, Human Resources.
ruralMED Management Resources
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 470
Holdrege, Nebraska 68949