Location: Phelps Memorial Health Center ER / Phelps Medical Group Clinic /
Family Medical Specialties Clinic
Reports To: ruralMED Management Resources CEO
Status: Full or Part-time
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) is responsible for providing medical and/or emergency services including assessing, managing and coordinating health care for patients in a clinical setting in accordance and compliance with established PMHC and ruralMED Management Resources protocols, standards and best practices, State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care. The APRN will practice within his/her scope and privileges as stated in the APRN’s credentialing file.
Incumbent must have the skills, ability and judgment to perform the following essential job duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Takes complete, detailed and accurate patient history.
- Reviews patient records to develop comprehensive medical status reports and order diagnostic testing appropriate for complaint, age, race, sex and physical condition of the patient.
- Performs complete physical examinations and records pertinent data in the patients’ medical record.
- Makes medical diagnoses and institutes therapy or referrals to healthcare facilities and other resources.
- If required: arranges hospital admissions and discharges, performs hospital rounds and records appropriate patient progress notes, compiles detailed narrative and case summaries, completes forms pertinent to patients’ medical records, and issues diagnostic orders with timely signatures in accordance with clinic and hospital guidelines and payer requirements.
- Interprets and evaluates patient data to determine patient management and treatment.
- Provides patient teaching instructions and guidance regarding follow-up medical care.
- Performs or assists in routine laboratory medical techniques and routine therapeutic procedures and some surgical procedures.
- Maintains records of appropriate signatures for clinical oversight.
- Participates in organizational teams and committees for process improvement.
- Provides medical care to all patients in which care is assumed within APRN’s scope of practice and privileges as outlined in the APRN’s credentialing and privileges file.
- Demonstrates competency annually in assigned areas of work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb or balance, and smell. The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and with explosives and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The level of risk of exposure to blood borne pathogens is Classification I, as outlined in the Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required Education: Master’s Degree in Nursing as a Family Nurse Practitioner from an accredited university.
- Current Registered Nurse license and Advanced Practice license from the State of Nebraska.
- National certification as Family Nurse Practitioner from the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Certification.
- Current BLS certification.
- Current ACLS certification if assignment includes Emergency department coverage.)
- Current PALS certification (if assignment includes Emergency department coverage.)
- Current NRP certification (if assignment includes Emergency department coverage.)
- Current ATLS certification (if assignment includes Emergency department coverage.)
To apply, submit a completed ruralMED Employment Application to Shannon Busch, Human Resources.
ruralMED Management Resources
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 470
Holdrege, Nebraska 68949