Do you know of someone that would be a great fit for this position? Share the opportunity!
Title: Social Services Supervisor
Department: Home Health and Hospice
Reports To: Home Care Director
Supervises: Social Services Department
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Signing Bonus: $5,000
Responsible for managing all aspects of the provision of patient social services including managing the members of the social work team. Establishes, implements, and evaluates goals and objectives for social services to meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the organization’s mission and philosophy. The overall goal of this position is to support the ideal of patient-centered care and cost effectiveness through integrating the functions of case management, utilization management, discharge planning and discharge teaching. Has accountability for coordination of care and discharge planning of all patients in conjunction with the entire team. Compliance with rules and regulations of all applicable federal, state and local laws as well as ruralMED and Home Care policies is a condition of employment.
Education and/or Experience:
• Master’s or doctoral degree in social work from an accredited school.
• Three years management experience preferred
• Three years home care operations experience preferred
Currently licensed as a Social Worker (MSW) in the State of Nebraska.
Current BLS/CPR certification.
Current and valid drivers’ license with acceptable driving record
Current and valid insurance coverage within the legal business limits.
General Requirements/Job Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required:
- Adhere to the ruralMED mission, vision, and values.
- Directs all daily patient social service operations including providing direct oversight of the establishment and implementation of social service policies.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal, and ACHC social service regulatory requirements and the state Social Work Practice Act.
- Directs the implementation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure social services are delivered in accordance with policy.
- Ensures seamless home care service delivery by providing direct oversight of coordination of care with other clinical service providers.
- Assists the Home Care Director/VP of Clinical Operations in the preparation of an annual budget for the social service department and monitors allocation of resources according to budgetary limitations.
- Recruits, selects, orients, and directly manages members of the social service team.
- Supervises the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of social service clinical care by members of the social work team.
- Assures proper documentation of social services in clinical records in compliance with state, federal, and ACHC standards.
- Provides leadership in strategic planning including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to address unmet customer needs.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of the field of social work and shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of RuralMED Home Care Resources contractual relationships and ensures that social services are delivered according to contract provisions.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists referral sources in accessing community resources should services not be provided by RuralMED Home Care Resources.
- Plans and implements inservice and continuing education programs to meet the development needs of social service personnel.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team (IDT) meeting to establish, review and revise the plan of care of each patient, including exchange of information, review of problems and sharing of professional support.
- Responsible for maintenance of electronic medical records, assuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with regulation, certification standards, legal and ethical standards.
- Identify and address comfort care needs in collaboration with other members of the Homecare team.
- Support the patients and family’s unique spiritual and cultural beliefs.
- Provide care consistent with National Hospice and palliative Care Organization standards of practice for hospice programs.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of all information pertaining to patients, families and staff and adhere to all HIPAA rules.
- Assume responsibility for the promotion of the hospice concept in the community and with other agencies and professionals.
- Participate in orientation and supervision for students seeking experience in hospice care.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates competency annually in assigned areas of work.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates an ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel
- Ability to deal tactfully with customers and the community
- Knowledge of corporate business management, governmental regulations and ACHC standards
- Demonstrates good communications and public relations skills
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility, and cooperation in performing job responsibilities
• Will have access to primary work location 24 hours a day.
• Will have access to confidential information abiding by the organizations privacy policies and regulations concerning this information.
• General office equipment to include: fax, copier, computer, printer, etc…
Patient Age Groups Served:
Essential Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Physical Activity||Not Applicable||Occasionally (0-35% of day)||Frequently (36-66% of day)||Continuous (67-100% of day)|
|Lifting (Floor to waist level)||150 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Lifting (waist level and above)||150 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Lifting (Shoulder level and above)||150 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Push/Pull||150 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Wrist Position Deviation||X|
|Pinching/Fine Motor activities||X|
|Keyboard use/ repetitive motion||X|
|Sensory Requirements||Not Applicable||Accurate 20/40||Very Accurate|
|Environment Requirements (Occupational Exposure Risk Potential)||Not Anticipated||Reasonably Anticipated|
|Airborne Communicable Disease||X|
|Uneven Surfaces or Elevations||X|
|Extreme Noise Levels||X|
|Other (Listed): Exposure to Pets||X|
|Shift Requirements||8 hrs/day||10 hrs/day||12 hrs/day||Other (varied)|
|Usual workday hours||X|
|Reliable, punctual attendance for assigned shifts||X|
|Available to work overtime||X|