Do you know of someone that would be a great fit for this position? Share the opportunity!
Title: Physician Assistant – Orthopedic Specialty Clinic
Department: Holdrege, NE
Reports To: APC Cpordinator
Status: Full-Time Exempt
The Physician Assistant is responsible for providing medical and/or emergency services including assessing and managing patients following established standards and best practices and in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations as well as the philosophy, goals and objectives of ruralMED Management Resources. The PA-C will practice within his/her scope and privileges as stated in the PA-C’s credentialing file.
Education and/or Experience:
Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies from an accredited university.
Currently certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants to assist physicians.
Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certification.
Current BLS certification.
General Requirements/Job Duties:
General Requirements/Job Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required:
- Takes complete, detailed and accurate patient history.
- Reviews patient records to develop comprehensive medical status reports and order diagnostic testing appropriate for complaint, age, race, sex and physical condition of the patient.
- Performs complete physical examinations and records pertinent data in the patients’ medical record.
- Evaluates, monitors and treats orthopedic/spine health related conditions/injuries.
- Provides first assist during surgical procedures.
- Makes medical diagnoses and institutes therapy or referrals to healthcare facilities and other resources.
- If required, arranges hospital admissions and discharges, performs hospital rounds and records appropriate patient progress notes, compiles detailed narrative and case summaries, completes forms pertinent to patients’ medical records, issues diagnostic orders with timely signatures in accordance with clinic and hospital guidelines, and payer requirements.
- Interprets and evaluates patient data to determine patient management and treatment.
- Provides patient teaching instructions and guidance regarding follow-up medical care.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests.
- Performs or assists in routine laboratory medical techniques and routine therapeutic procedures and some surgical procedures.
- Maintains records of appropriate signatures for clinical oversight.
- Participates in organizational teams and committees for process improvement.
- Provides medical care to all patients in which care is assumed within PA-C’s scope of practice and privileges as outlined in the PA-C’s credentialing and privileges file.
- Demonstrates competency annually in assigned areas of work.
Will have access to primary work location 24 hours a day.
Will have access to confidential information abiding by the organization's privacy policies and regulations concerning this information.
- General office equipment to include: fax, copier, computer, printer, etc.
- Medical equipment as required for the job.
Patient Age Groups Served:
Essential Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Physical Activity||Not |
(0-35% of day)
(36-66% of day)
(67-100% of day)
|Lifting (Floor to waist level)||100 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Lifting (waist level and above)||100 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Lifting (Shoulder level and above)||100 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Push/Pull||100 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Wrist Position Deviation||X|
|Pinching/Fine Motor activities||X|
|Keyboard use/ repetitive motion||X|
|Sensory Requirements||Not Applicable||Accurate 20/40||Very Accurate|
(Occupational Exposure Risk Potential)
|Not Anticipated||Reasonably Anticipated|
|Airborne Communicable Disease||X|
|Uneven Surfaces or Elevations||X|
|Extreme Noise Levels||X|
|Shift Requirements||8 hrs/day||10 hrs/day||12 hrs/day||Other (varied)|
|Usual workday hours||X|
|Reliable, punctual attendance for assigned shifts||X|
|Available to work overtime||X|