Do you know of someone that would be a great fit for this position? Share the opportunity!
Title: Certified/Registered Medical Assistant
Department: Family Medical Specialties
Reports To: Clinic Manager
Status: Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
The Medical Assistant assists the RN, LPN, APCs, and physicians in performing their duties and carrying on the necessary functions required in accordance with established policies and procedures. Compliance with rules and regulations of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, as well as Family Medical Specialties' and ruralMED Management Resources policies, is a condition of employment.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Completion and graduation from a medical assistant program.
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA).
Current BLS/CPR certification.
General Requirements/Job Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Adhere to the ruralMED mission, vision, and values.
- Prepares patient for examination.
- Note health history or the reason for visit in the patient’s chart.
- Take and record height, weight and blood pressure, pulse rate, respiration, and temperature.
- Assist the clinical staff in completing examinations and procedures as instructed.
- Completely fill out lab slips and other forms, as necessary.
- Administer medications and injections as ordered using the “Five Rights of Medication Administration”.
- Assist the medical staff in patient education.
- Creates and maintains a comfortable and safe environment for patients, visitors and other employees.
- Organizes and prioritizes daily assignments to provide optimal patient care and increase productivity.
- Conforms and complies with FMS and ruralMED Management Resources Codes of Conduct and with procedures, regulations and rules in maintaining medical records.
- Adheres to Infection Control Policies and Procedures and the use of Universal Precautions.
- Maintains patient and employee confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrates competency annually in assigned areas of work.
• Will have access to primary work location during the hours the clinic is open.
• Will have access to confidential information abiding by the organizations' privacy policies and regulations concerning this information.
• General office equipment to include: fax, copier, computer, printer, etc…
Patient Age Groups Served:
Essential Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Physical Activity||Not |
(0-35% of day)
(36-66% of day)
(67-100% of day)
|Lifting (Floor to waist level)||100 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Lifting (waist level and above)||100 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Lifting (Shoulder level and above)||100 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Push/Pull||100 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Wrist Position Deviation||X|
|Pinching/Fine Motor activities||X|
|Keyboard use/ repetitive motion||X|
|Sensory Requirements||Not Applicable||Accurate 20/40||Very Accurate|
(Occupational Exposure Risk Potential)
|Not Anticipated||Reasonably Anticipated|
|Airborne Communicable Disease||X|
|Uneven Surfaces or Elevations||X|
|Extreme Noise Levels||X|
|Shift Requirements||8 hrs/day||10 hrs/day||12 hrs/day||Other (varied)|
|Usual workday hours||X|
|Reliable, punctual attendance for assigned shifts||X|
|Available to work overtime||X|