Do you know of someone that would be a great fit for this position? Share the opportunity!
Hello, We Are ruralMED!
Join our mission of supporting rural healthcare through collaboration focused on strategically tailored services, effective leadership, and industry-specific expertise.
When you join our team as a Financial Consultant, you will play a vital role in strengthening the financial foundation of rural healthcare facilities and the communities they serve. Utilizing your knowledge, industry expertise, and critical thinking, you will assist our Chief Financial Officer with the planning, implementation, management, and controlling of all financial activities for our organization, our partners, and our clients.
As part of this role, you will be guided and mentored by our resident healthcare finance expert. Providing you access to invaluable insight and knowledge backed by years of industry experience that will propel you forward within the healthcare financial landscape.
How This Role Makes an Impact:
- Utilizing your knowledge and skill set, you will support our organization and rural healthcare facilities to thrive and achieve excellence.
- You will work alongside and support a team of dedicated and driven experts.
- Applying your problem-solving, critical thinking, and detail orientation skills, you will take ownership and develop effective and efficient processes.
- You will be a go-to resource for high-quality financial support and solutions.
What It’s Like Working at ruralMED:
- Our elite and highly skilled team is driven by delivering top-notch results and supporting each other to reach a new level of excellence.
- Discover flexibility and autonomy with a company that understands the true value and benefits of work-life balance.
- Personal and professional growth opportunities are encouraged and celebrated.
- Employee engagement is a measurement and valuable tool for achieving brilliance.
- Our core values are the empowering standard for how we conduct and take pride in our work.
- It Begins With You: Own it.
- Pave the Way. Never Settle.
- Be Thoughtful. Be Transparent. Be Extraordinary.
- Work Fearlessly. Celebrate the Wins.
- Capitalize Our Strengths. Achieve Excellence.
How to Succeed in this Role:
- Excellent Critical Thinking, Problem-Solving, Organization, and Detail-Orientation skills.
- Possess 5 or more years of related experience (preferred).
- Received a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (Masters preferred).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- Have a CPA License (preferred).
- Passion for learning and a drive to continuously improve one’s skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere and be able to flex and adjust to the highest priorities.
- Character Traits: Highly Motivated, Achiever, Thorough, Intellectual, Accountable, Visionary, Genuine, Analytical, Strategic, Driven, Self-Disciplined, Knowledge-Seeking, Responsible, Adaptive, Detail Oriented, Receptive, Solution-Based, Professional.
Stand Out and Get Bonus Points!
- Possess advanced skills and talents with one or more Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to quickly pick up and learn new processes, methods, technology systems, and platforms.
This position is for those who are looking to work remotely, have some travel to client locations, and reside within the state of Nebraska.
Title: Financial Consultant
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Status: Full-Time Exempt
The Financial Consultant will assist the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all finance-related activities of the organization. This will include responsibility for accounting and finance related to Nebraska Provider Alliance, LLC d/b/a ruralMED Management Resources and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and Clients as may be requested or required.
Education and/or Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Masters preferred
2. Five years related experience preferred
CPA License preferred
General Requirements/Job Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required:
- Adheres to the ruralMED mission, vision, and values.
- Consults with Clients on projects related to financial operations.
- Manages hospital pricing portion of charge master reviews. Ensures integrity and compliance with regulated billing procedures.
- Participates in and/or leads meetings, committees, strategic planning, and projects as assigned.
- Oversees performance standards/metrics for Clients and evaluates performance against the standards. Coaches and assists clients with performance improvement.
- Promotes effective communication, collaboration, quality, and efficiency between organization departments and its Clients.
- Keeps informed of current issues including new procedures, developments, and innovation. Maintains professional growth and development to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities for the organization and its Clients when required.
- Evaluates financial feasibility of new or existing services and programs. Assesses a wide variety of databases and reports to prepare analytical reports and special studies.
- Understands accounting and financial reporting regulations.
- Understands the Critical Access Hospital (CAH) and Rural Health Clinic (RHC) programs including cost reporting and its implications on operations and related decisions.
- Provides leadership and oversight in service line growth and development.
- Performs general account analysis and detailed monthly reconciliations.
- Prepares timely and accurate monthly financial reports and analysis for CFO review.
- Participates in annual budget preparations for different departments in coordination with annual budgeting timeline.
- Serves as backup for payroll processing and submission of payroll taxes and deductions.
- Serves as backup for accounts payable processing, including approval of invoices and managing payment (checks, credit cards, ACH, etc.).
- Performs other accounting, financial or administrative tasks assigned by CFO.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Five years related experience preferred
- Ability to and willingness to learn new processes, methods, processes, methods, technology systems, and platforms.
• Will have access to primary work location 24 hours a day.
• Will have access to confidential information abiding by the organizations privacy policies and regulations concerning this information.
• General office equipment to include: fax, copier, computer, printer, etc.
Patient Age Groups Served:
Essential Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.