Do you know of someone that would be a great fit for this position? Share the opportunity!
Title: Chief Financial Officer
Reports To: CEO
Supervises: Finance, Marketing, Information Technology
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all finance-related activities of the organization. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, job costing, asset management, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing for each service line related to Nebraska Provider Alliance, LLC d/b/a ruralMED Management Resources and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and Clients as may be requested or required.
Education and/or Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Masters preferred
2. Five years related experience preferred
CPA License preferred
General Requirements/Job Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required:
- Advise the Executive Team and Board regarding the financial health of the organization.
- Assist in developing and provides leadership in the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Direct, manage, and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting/Marketing/Information Technology functions of the organization.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Leadership Team so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Executive Team and Board.
- Work with Leadership Team to develop and recommend yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization’s resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities for the organization and its Clients when required.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Ensure staff and Board have sufficient and up-to-date information.
- Formulate financial policies and planning recommendations to the Board.
- Adhere to the ruralMED mission, vision, and values.
- Additional responsibilities as may be assigned by the CEO.
• Will have access to primary work location 24 hours a day.
• Will have access to confidential information abiding by the organizations privacy policies and regulations concerning this information.
• General office equipment to include: fax, copier, computer, printer, etc…
Patient Age Groups Served:
Essential Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Physical Activity||Not |
(0-35% of day)
(36-66% of day)
(67-100% of day)
|Lifting (Floor to waist level)||40 lbs.||10 lbs.|
|Lifting (waist level and above)||40 lbs.||10 lbs.|
|Lifting (Shoulder level and above)||40 lbs.||10 lbs.|
|Wrist Position Deviation||X|
|Pinching/Fine Motor activities||X|
|Keyboard use/ repetitive motion||X|
|Sensory Requirements||Not Applicable||Accurate 20/40||Very Accurate|
(Occupational Exposure Risk Potential)
|Not Anticipated||Reasonably Anticipated|
|Airborne Communicable Disease||X|
|Uneven Surfaces or Elevations||X|
|Extreme Noise Levels||X|
|Shift Requirements||8 hrs/day||10 hrs/day||12 hrs/day||Other (varied)|
|Usual workday hours||X|
|Reliable, punctual attendance for assigned shifts||X|
|Available to work overtime||X|