Do you know of someone that would be a great fit for this position? Share the opportunity!
Title: Certified Nursing Assistant with Med Aide License
Department: Family Medical Specialties
Reports To: Clinic Manager
Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt
The clinic certified nursing assistant (C.N.A.) and Med Aide works with the nursing staff and providers to call back the patients, takes their initial height and weight, shows them to exam rooms and carries on the necessary functions required to provide services that are ordered, outlined and assigned within his/her area of responsibility. Will need to be able to take vitals and intake history on patients. Will be able to apply heart monitors and assist with drug screening. Will complete prior authorizations as needed. Compliance with rules and regulations of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, as well as Family Medical Specialties' and ruralMED's policies, is a condition of employment.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or GED.
Licensure as a Nurse Aide with the State of Nebraska.
Licensure as a Med Aide with the State of Nebraska.
Current BLS/CPR certification.
General Requirements/Job Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required:
- Adhere to the ruralMED mission, vision, and values.
- Calling the patient and taking them back to the exam room.
- Taking and recording height, weight, eye chart and temperature.
- Taking client’s vital signs and recording input and output.
- Ensuring lab results are given to the correct provider.
- Answering phone and assisting with scheduling/reception duties as needed.
- Creates and maintains a comfortable and safe environment for patients, visitors and other employees.
- Conforms and complies with FMS and ruralMED Management Resources Codes of Conduct and with procedures, regulations and rules in maintaining medical records.
- Adheres to Infection Control Policies and Procedures and the use of Universal Precautions.
- Maintains patient and employee confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrates competency annually in assigned areas of work.
• Will have access to primary work location during the hours the clinic is open.
• Will have access to confidential information abiding by the organizations privacy policies and regulations concerning this information.
• General office equipment to include: fax, copier, computer, printer, etc…
Patient Age Groups Served:
Essential Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Physical Activity||Not |
(0-35% of day)
(36-66% of day)
(67-100% of day)
|Lifting (Floor to waist level)||40 lbs.|
|Lifting (waist level and above)||40 lbs.|
|Lifting (Shoulder level and above)||40 lbs.|
|Wrist Position Deviation||X|
|Pinching/Fine Motor activities||X|
|Keyboard use/ repetitive motion||X|
|Sensory Requirements||Not Applicable||Accurate 20/40||Very Accurate|
(Occupational Exposure Risk Potential)
|Not Anticipated||Reasonably Anticipated|
|Airborne Communicable Disease||X|
|Uneven Surfaces or Elevations||X|
|Extreme Noise Levels||X|
|Shift Requirements||8 hrs/day||10 hrs/day||12 hrs/day||Other (varied)|
|Usual workday hours||X|
|Reliable, punctual attendance for assigned shifts||X|
|Available to work overtime||X|