Do you know of someone that would be a great fit for this position? Share the opportunity!
Title: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) – Home Care
Facility: ruralMED Home Care Resources
Reports To: Home Care Director
Status: Full-time and Casual / PRN positions open
The certified nursing assistant (C.N.A.) provides services that are ordered and outlined in the plan of care for the specified number of home care/hospice patients assigned within his/her area of responsibility to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities. Compliance with rules and regulations of all applicable federal, state, and local laws as well as ruralMED and Home Health policies is a condition of employment.
Incumbent must have the skills, ability and judgment to perform the following essential job duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Conducting home visits as assigned and recording pertinent information pertaining to the client’s care.
- Planning and preparing meals according to specific dietary requirements of the client, and if necessary, feeding the client.
- Assisting the client with therapy exercises.
- Assisting or performing personal care including hair care, oral hygiene, bathing, grooming and dressing.
- Assisting with ambulation with or without mechanical aids.
- Assisting with routine bodily functions: Example: toileting, etc.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and healthy environment through light housekeeping including changing bed linens, dusting and vacuuming, cleaning kitchen and bathroom and laundry.
- Providing companionship and stimulation for the client including reading, walks, etc. and accompanying the client to doctors or other appointments as needed.
- Grocery shopping or other errands when needed.
- Performing other housekeeping tasks as indicated in the care plan.
- Taking client’s vital signs and recording input and output.
- Observing and reporting changes in client’s condition to this agency’s Administrator.
- Accurately preparing daily records and submitting them to the office by date due.
- Demonstrates competency annually in assigned areas of work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear; regularly required to sit, stand, kneel and walk, including walking up several steps. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently subjected to outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The level of risk of exposure to blood borne pathogens is Classification I, as outlined in the Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan. The employee works in the homes of others and may be exposed to client’s pets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
High School diploma or equivalent
Certified by and in good standing with the Nebraska State Department of Health and is listed on the Home Health Aide registry.
Current BLS/CPR certification.
Current and valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
Current and valid insurance coverage within the legal business limits.