Do you know of someone that would be a great fit for this position? Share the opportunity!
Title: Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) – Emergency Room
Department: Holdrege, NE
Reports To: VP of Clinical Operations
Status: Full-Time and Part-Time positions for Day and Night Shift Available
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) is responsible for providing medical and/or emergency services including assessing, managing, and coordinating health care for patients in the emergency department, hospital, and outpatient settings in accordance and compliance with established PMHC and ruralMED Management Resources bylaws, protocols, standards and best practices, State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care. The APRN will practice within his/her scope and privileges as stated in the APRN’s credentialing file.
Education and/or Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Nursing as a Family Nurse Practitioner from an accredited university.
Current Registered Nurse license and Advanced Practice license from the State of Nebraska.
National certification as Family Nurse Practitioner from the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Certification.
Current BLS certification.
Current ACLS certification.
Current PALS certification.
Current NRP certification.
Current ATLS certification.
General Requirements/Job Duties:
General Requirements/Job Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required:
- Assesses and manages patients presenting to the emergency department during his/her shift and will communicate with the on-call physician for the Emergency Department, as necessary.
- Consults with on-call physician as outlined in “Mid-Level Provider (PA-C/Nurse Practitioner) Management of Emergency Situations.”
- Responds to Rapid Response and Code Team activations as available.
- Supervises cardiac stress testing.
- Maintains patients’ medical records, issue diagnostic orders with timely signatures in accordance with hospital guidelines and payer requirements.
- Takes complete, detailed, and accurate patient history.
- Review’s patient records to develop comprehensive medical status reports and order diagnostic testing appropriate for complaint, age, race, sex and physical condition of the patient.
- Performs complete physical examinations and records pertinent data in the patients’ medical record.
- Makes medical diagnoses and institutes therapy or referrals to healthcare facilities and other resources.
- Interprets and evaluates patient data to determine patient management and treatment.
- Provides patient teaching instructions and guidance regarding follow-up medical care.
- Performs or assists in routine laboratory medical techniques and routine therapeutic procedures and some surgical procedures.
- Participates in organizational teams and committees for process improvement.
- Meet annual metrics and goals as assigned by PMHC and ruralMED Management Resources.
- Provides medical care to all patients in which care is assumed within APRN’s scope of practice and privileges as outlined in the APRN’s credentialing and privileges file.
- Demonstrates competency annually in assigned areas of work.
- Attends required meetings for PMHC and ruralMED Management Resources.
• Will have access to primary work location 24 hours a day.
• Will have access to confidential information abiding by the organizations privacy policies and regulations concerning this information.
• General office equipment to include: fax, copier, computer, printer, etc…
Patient Age Groups Served:
Essential Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Physical Activity||Not |
(0-35% of day)
(36-66% of day)
(67-100% of day)
|Lifting (Floor to waist level)||100 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Lifting (waist level and above)||100 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Lifting (Shoulder level and above)||100 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Push/Pull||100 lbs.||40 lbs.|
|Wrist Position Deviation||X|
|Pinching/Fine Motor activities||X|
|Keyboard use/ repetitive motion||X|
|Sensory Requirements||Not Applicable||Accurate 20/40||Very Accurate|
(Occupational Exposure Risk Potential)
|Not Anticipated||Reasonably Anticipated|
|Airborne Communicable Disease||X|
|Uneven Surfaces or Elevations||X|
|Extreme Noise Levels||X|
|Shift Requirements||8 hrs/day||10 hrs/day||12 hrs/day||Other (varied)|
|Usual workday hours||X|
|Reliable, punctual attendance for assigned shifts||X|
|Available to work overtime||X|