Do you know of someone that would be a great fit for this position? Share the opportunity!
Title: Account Recovery Specialist II
Department: Revenue Cycle Resources
Reports To: Revenue Cycle Supervisor/CBO Office Manager/ Director of Revenue Cycle Services
Status: Full-time, Part-time, and PRN/Casual positions available
The Account Recovery Specialist II is responsible for coordinating and performing all activities in self pay receivable recovery. Furthermore, they will ensure maximum reimbursement for services provided by utilizing sound knowledge of insurance rules and regulations, best practice workflows, and the use of multiple software systems. Compliance with rules and regulations of all applicable federal, state and local laws as well as ruralMED policies is a condition of employment.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma is required.
• One to two years related experience and / or training in healthcare setting.
• 2-5 years of collection or sales experience required. Advanced telephone collection skills.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and/or insurance terminology is preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
General Requirements/Job Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required:
- Work with the Revenue Cycle Director in establishing, implementing, and maintaining policies and procedures relating to private pay account recovery.
- Performs collection procedures on delinquent account according to established guidelines, including advanced telephone collections and collection correspondence. Will routinely apply advanced collection techniques to accounts of $1000 or greater. Will routinely perform collection activities on accounts greater than $10,000.
- Works with patients to establish payment arrangements within established guidelines.
- Acts as primary contact person for all outside collection agencies and responsible for monitoring agency performance. Make recommendations regarding agency performance and use.
- Establishes monthly self-pay collection goals with the Patient Business Services Director based on benchmark data and organizational needs.
- Maintains current knowledge of billing and reimbursement rules as designated by the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Medicaid Managed Care, and other payers.
- Maintains proficient knowledge of EHR, clearinghouse, and payer systems, as well as any other systems, required for performing required job duties.
- Communicates issues to management, including payer, system, or escalated account issues. Identifies denial trends and provide suggestions for resolution.
- Participates in department meetings, in-service programs, and continuing education programs.
- Maintains a professional attitude with patients, visitors, physicians, office staff and hospital personnel. Assures confidentiality of patient information, maintaining compliance with policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Will have access to primary work location 24 hours a day.
Will have access to confidential information abiding by the organizations privacy policies and regulations concerning this information.
- General office equipment to include: fax, copier, computer, printer, etc.
- 10-key Calculator
Patient Age Groups Served:
Essential Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Physical Activity||Not |
(0-35% of day)
(36-66% of day)
(67-100% of day)
|Lifting (Floor to waist level)||40 lbs.||10 lbs.|
|Lifting (waist level and above)||40 lbs.||10 lbs.|
|Lifting (Shoulder level and above)||40 lbs.||10 lbs.|
|Push/Pull||40 lbs.||0 lbs.|
|Wrist Position Deviation||X|
|Pinching/Fine Motor activities||X|
|Keyboard use/ repetitive motion||X|
|Sensory Requirements||Not Applicable||Accurate 20/40||Very Accurate|
(Occupational Exposure Risk Potential)
|Not Anticipated||Reasonably Anticipated|
|Airborne Communicable Disease||X|
|Uneven Surfaces or Elevations||X|
|Extreme Noise Levels||X|
|Shift Requirements||8 hrs/day||10 hrs/day||12 hrs/day||Other (varied)|
|Usual workday hours||X|
|Reliable, punctual attendance for assigned shifts||X|
|Available to work overtime||X|